Built with durable cold-formed, light gauge steel and industrial grade fabric, these transitional to permanent shelters are customizable to meet the needs of the area you support.
- Building Size
- Roofing - We have a roofing/siding option that would reflect heat away from the building
Easy and fast to build, each shelter requires minimal tools to construct and can be done by two people in the course of a day.
Benefits of Steel Elements International Shelters
- Light weight, economical and easy to ship
- Frame is hurricane-resistant to 140 mph winds
- Moisture and corrosion resistant
- Can be installed by inexperienced workers by following step-by-step graphical illustrations.
- Repeatable frames can build multiple building sizes/types
- Already on the ground in Haiti!
Our housing units can be built in a warehouse, under cover during rain/hurricane season, and then be delivered to site as a completed unit or in prefabricated pieces, ready for immediate habitation. Thousands immediately deployable!
The ideal building material for harsh environments
Can any structure stand up to hurricanes, tornados, floods, earthquakes and other environmental onslaughts? We can't guarantee your building will withstand an act of God, but one thing's for sure: nothing provides the strength and flexibility of galvanized cold-formed steel
Cold-formed steel is strong. Its joints are sure. It won't rot or feed termites. It resists mold. We can design for gale-force winds. Hurricanes. And for worst-case seismic events.
Building on poor soils? LGS is lighter than wood, concrete and structural steel, which reduces your piling requirement.
If you're in a high-hazard environment, protect yourself.
Talk to Steel Elements International. We ship anywhere.
Steel Elements International emergency structures can be used as:
- Single family homes
- Military shelters
- Medical facilities & clinics
Call today to partner with us! (603) 466-2500